Bollyspace

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Digital Voice Recorder

The misery of taping interviews and spending countless hours transcribing them is finally over! After much research, I settled on the Olympus WS-100 digital voice recorder. This nifty little device comes with 64MB memory for upto 27 hours of recording time (in Long Play mode), and most important, has a PC link capability which means I can plug the device into my laptop and download all the files! It also lets me store images and documents along with audio. All for $75!

I can't wait to get my hands on this and give Transana, an open source audio/video date analysis software, a whirl:
Transcribe it, identify analytically interesting clips, assign keywords to clips, arrange and rearrange clips, create complex collections of interrelated clips, explore relationships between applied keywords, and share your analysis with colleagues. The result is a new way to focus on your data, and a new way to manage large collections of video and audio files and clips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home