Bollyspace

Friday, December 02, 2005

baroda, delhi, hyderabad

After three weeks of calling, meeting, and interviewing media folks in Mumbai, I've decided I need to step away for a bit. I've had very little time to organize my notes and listen to the interviews closely, and I feel I need to do that before coming back for a round of clarifications and some more interviews.

I would even say that under slightly different circumstances (if I had more money), I would take 2-3 days off after every 10 days of fieldwork. You really do need that time to read through hastily scribbled notes, organize interview material, listen closely for clues that will lead to better questions during the second round of interviews, hints for who else to speak with, and so on. And, perhaps most important, I need some time to go back to my dissertation proposal and read it keeping my interviews in mind. What core ideas remain intact? How well are some of my hypotheses holding up? What evidence do I have now which sheds more light on/challenges some of the claims I made in the proposal?

So, my dear readers, I'm off to Baroda (called Vadodara these days) to spend the weekend at a cousin's place. From there I proceed to Delhi, where I plan to eat lots of good chaat and go shopping (parmesh - anything I can pick up for you from Dilli Haat?)! A week in Delhi, and I move on to Hyderabad to attend a friend's wedding. Stay tuned for all this and more...

3 Comments:

  • I request some Baroda palace pics, I do.

    By Blogger sepoy, at 12/07/2005 12:18 PM  

  • Hi Aswin

    You really sound like a seasoned blogger now "my dear readers.." and so forth.
    Keep well and have fun in Vadodara. See you in January

    Durga

    By Blogger Durga, at 12/07/2005 2:37 PM  

  • Ooooh Dilli Haat. Drool. :-) Nothing for me baba, but send pics of any cool things you buy, and also of Hyderabad wedding. Are you going to sing Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai over there? Tee hee :-)

    By Blogger Parmesh, at 12/09/2005 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home