Bollyspace

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Writing (with breaks for koffee with karan)

I spent the last few weeks agonizing over interviews and notes I had scribbled while in bombay and delhi, trying hard to figure out what kinds of narratives I could develop about cinema's intersections with new media. I did manage to write up chapter outlines, half of which sound decent and might turn into interesting chapters. In the process, I confronted an anxiety that must be familiar to many a grad student - wondering why anyone should deem this little project of mine interesting, and how every other dissertator in the world seems to be tackling questions that are so much more interesting and worthwhile. And I'm happy to report that I now feel (with help from my good friend Ben) that this anxiety might not be a terrible one to live with.

Oh, and it helps that I can tune in to Koffee with Karan :) I discovered today that you tube has quite a few episodes of Karan chit-chatting with the stars and starlets of Bollywood. There's Abhishek and Preity, Abhishek and his dad, Shahrukh and Hrithik, Shahrukh and Hrithik's wives, and many more! As they say, "no one brews coffee and conversation like Karan can!"

1 Comments:

  • Hey..this is great. Watched Karan's interview with Junior B and Preity before YouTube conked out. Will definitely go back and watch the rest.
    Durga

    By Blogger Durga, at 4/05/2006 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home