Bollyspace

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dor, starring Shreyas Talapde

We will soon see Shreyas Talpade, who played Iqbal to much acclaim, essaying the role of a Rajasthani man who helps a murderer's wife track down the victim's wife. Produced by Sahara One, written and directed by Kukunoor, and starrring Talpade, Ayesha Takia (as the victim's wife), Gul Panag (murderer's wife), Girish Karnad, and Pratiksha Lonkar. The film releases this September.

I liked Iqbal a lot, and thought Teen Deewarein didn't get enough attention. While I hope this film translates into moolah for Kukunoor, I also hope he stays in the space of off-beat cinema that is being carved out in India now. More here, and here. [Pic from IndiaFM]

2 Comments:

  • have u seen the 'making of iqbal' part in the DVD? I crrrinnnnngeeedddd when nagy says 'iqbal is a deaf and dumb guy'..shheessh.

    and I think they talk about dor too,,,but I might be wrong..

    By Blogger Sqrl/NT, at 8/31/2006 2:00 PM  

  • sqrl/nt - no, I haven't, but I will tonight. I'm not sure I'm surprised that Kukunoor said "deaf and dumb" in a flippant way. Its not unlike Rimi Sen's comment about dark skin.

    By Blogger Aswin, at 8/31/2006 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home