Bollyspace

Friday, August 25, 2006

SRK on Kamalhassan

Gautham Menon, the young director who wowed Tamil film audiences with Kaaka Kaaka, must be pleased with initial reactions to his much-hyped Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu. Starring Kamalhassan, Jyothika, and Prakash Raj, with music by Harris Jeyaraj, the film seems to be doing well. Anyways, last week's Friday Review featured an interview with Gautham Menon and for some inexplicable reason, the interview opens with SRK's thoughts on Kamal. And oh, the interview itself seems little more than a place-filler.

"I walk down the road and people want to kiss me. I'd never do all that to anyone. Not Mr. Bachchan or Mr. Rajnikant. The exception is Kamal. I asked him if I could touch him when I first met him," said Shahrukh Khan during the shooting of Dil Se. "He has an amazing sense of using space. When he plays an old man his gait and the way he stands is enough to convey his age. He doesn't need make-up. I find him greater than Dustin Hoffman and De Niro put together, I know Kamal can make you cry with a look in his eyes. I know his pauses. He has an amazing sense of timing that he knows the audience likes. He's a technician par excellence. That kind of knowledge and control every actor should strive to get," said `King Khan' with a look of adoration in his eyes.

2 Comments:

  • Obviously...Kamal is extremely talented at the same time not recognized due to the division between bollywood and other south indian film industries (Kollywood, Tollywood etc...) He should have a wax statue at Madame Tussauds wax museum where now we have statues of Aishwarya, Amitabh and Shah Rukh...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2007 1:19 PM  

  • "I walk down the road and people want to kiss me. I'd never do all that to anyone. Not Mr. Bachchan or Mr. Rajnikant. The exception is Kamal. I asked him if I could touch him when I first met him," said Shahrukh Khan during the shooting of Dil Se. "He has an amazing sense of using space. When he plays an old man his gait and the way he stands is enough to convey his age. He doesn't need make-up. I find him greater than Dustin Hoffman and De Niro put together, I know Kamal can make you cry with a look in his eyes. I know his pauses. He has an amazing sense of timing that he knows the audience likes. He's a technician par excellence. That kind of knowledge and control every actor should strive to get," said `King Khan' with a look of adoration in his eyes.


    this was the comment of sharukh khan who has a wax statute in Madame Tussauds wax museum, why not kamal??

    By Blogger sree, at 1/27/2009 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home